My passion in life is community, which is surprising since I am an introvert. I love to write and I (still get nervous when I) speak/teach but if you asked me my title, I'd say I'm a community builder. I love Jesus and I love to see how He moves within the Bible study that I teach at my church and the online community that He has given me here at Finding Heaven called Soli Deo Gloria. Check out the link and then consider this your personal invitation to join us Monday evenings - Wednesday late night for the Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood party. In addition to the link-up, we also pray for each other. If you are interested in being a part of our prayer request family, just let me know in the comments. The exciting new thing is that we are about to have Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood small groups, but no one knows yet so there aren't any details. Stay tuned...
Quick Jen facts (& some corresponding posts if you have a few moments):1. I love to run. I can't say that I love marathons, but somehow I've run 2 anyway...and still survived (barely).
2. I've struggled in my life with food addiction, eating too much to fill a void that which food can never fill. And then there's that shopping thing...
3. I read Charlie and Lola books to my kids in a really bad British accent.
4. We recently rescued a German Shorthaired Pointer and I'm still mourning the loss of clean floors. But he is really cute.
5. My grandmother died two years ago Easter Sunday and I've spent a lot of time grieving out loud here simply because I feel like our culture says grief must end within a time period of two weeks or so. So, I tried to be authentic with my own so that people wouldn't feel alone.
6. I'm currently hooked on Hanging with Friends on my iPhone. Ever since they put in that little star challenge thing, I feel like I. Must. Play. More. Clearly, you might surmise I'm a little competitive...
7. Speaking of iPhones, God taught me a big lesson with mine.
8. I'm planning a retreat (never done this before) in Austin, Texas. Wanna come?
9. Blogger's random spacing and my inability to read HTML makes me absolutely crazy.
Can't wait to get to know YOU better!